I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jan 17, 2014

New Happy Birthday Cards

Hi there! 

I took a little break at the beginning of the year, but now I'm back to working on projects and getting things done! 

One of the things I did was buy a large cabinet for storage in my craft room. It is making everything look much better. I still have a bit to do and then I'll show you a photo. I'm not much for knick knacks all over the place, preferring a clean look instead.

I also made a couple of cards recently. My niece who just turned 17 wants to become a welder. I know...odd choice, but somehow it fits her well. So I thought I would make her a tool belt card. Unfortunately I didn't have any true welding tools, but I did what I could. Her favorite color is orange, which is why the belt is orange. :)


One of our grandsons just had a birthday as well. Here is the card I made for him.
It's kind of hard to see, but I used the happy birthday Cuttlebug folder on the white background. The papers were Graphic45 and Bo Bunny.

My self healing mat, which can be seen in the background of these photos, was so dirty that I decided to take a Mr. Clean Eraser to it. 

This mat has had a lot of wear!! When I worked for Rainbowear, all my sewing was done with it. I've glued, embossed, cut, painted, gesso'd, pearlex'ed, mod podged and whatever else you can think of, on top of this mat. It has had a long industrious life!! 

So I was pleased that the Mr. Clean Eraser actually did a fine job. It doesn't look brand new, but it's sure better than it was. Almost new! I was pleased! 

Well, that's all for today! I have some new images coming out with Squigglefly soon, and I've posted some new images in my Etsy shop as well. 

If you missed it, my last post on this blog had a FREE digi...check it out!

Blessings,
Carmen



3 comments:

  1. Both wonderful cards with great ideas.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen, these are very fun and creative! Love your blog! Love your images too. I had fun using your new baby image and the other super fun images I have used. You are so talented! Wow! I downloaded a few freebies and plan to use them soon. Love those teacup frames you make - wish there was a gallery you were in around here! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments! I haven't ventured into any galleries, mostly because of time issues...but I probably should! Blessings!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!