I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Sep 24, 2015

Autumn DIY Ideas

It's safe to say that Autumn is here. The hot summer weather has died off and in it's place the cooler mornings and cloudy afternoons are settling in. I love the Fall for many reasons. Yes, it's cold sometimes and it's going to get colder as winter follows, but it's a much more reasonable season (than our blazing hot summers!) that somehow leaves me feeling warm and secure.


Perhaps it was the trip to Davison Farms the other day, or the flyer I received by email featuring some lovely Fall centerpieces, that got me thinking about Autumn DIY's. This is an area where I truly fall short. I love it when someone takes the time to make their tables and homes look inviting. This year I am going to do that. I've been scouring the web looking for easy ideas that tie in with the Fall.

So here's some fun and easy ideas I've found to share with you!

This Fall Craft must smell Amazing! You can do one, or stack them and you'd have a nice looking, wonderful smelling table basket! Get the instructions to make your own at Better Homes and Gardens. 

                  
I love this one, found on Shanty2Chic. A spray painted pumpkin with letters and some burlap roses. Plus a cute little glass vase with pumpkins and cones, etc. So adorable and kind of Chic.

centeroiece
Look at this creative idea! Mini Pumpkin Centerpieces. Some mini pumpkins, ribbon, spray paint, clothes pins, flowers, florist foam, skewers and you're done! 


For you knitting and crochet enthusiasts, check out these Yarn Pumpkins I found on DIY Show Off. So adorable and would look great on a side table - maybe in a leaf bowl!


These autumn leaf bowls are simple to make and functional, from Design Rulz The instructions to make your own are on her website, just follow the link!

Now I'm not much of a drinker, but I do enjoy a little nip now and then, so while you're making something lovely, wouldn't it be nice to sip on some Spiced Pear Vodka, or perhaps a Spiced Pear Hot Tody? YUMMMM!! Last year I made coffee liquer, maybe this recipe will be good enough to make for Christmas?

DIY Homemade Spiced Pear Vodka Ingredients - BoulderLocavore.com          Homemade Spiced Pear Vodka

To make your own, go to Boulder Locavore for the recipe! Look around that site as she has some really good sounding recipes and some gluten free ones as well.

caramel pear 4

I love me a caramel apple! Not the red candy ones, the actual caramel ones, and they're  much better made at home. Then I saw these! Why not? Looks wonderful and there's a recipe and some suggestions on how to decorate them. Go to Kayley's Blog Just Between Friends for the recipe.

I may do another post with some more Autumn ideas in the near future, but for now I'm on to something with tulle and satin for my granddaughters. A gramma's work is never done! 

Have a good weekend,
Carmen

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful celebration of fall blog post, Carmen. You are getting me excited to see the leaves turning now. :)
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!