I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Feb 9, 2016

Masculine Quick Card

Hello,

I can't believe we're already into February this year! Trust me, I'm not complaining - the sooner spring comes, the happier this girl will be. 

I love the Spring and Fall the most out of all the seasons. However, it's been a mild winter and I hope spring is just around the corner. The groundhogs even seem to be confused this year, so we will see what happens.

In the meantime, I've been working on more recycled aprons and I made a quick card. I say quick because I basically lifted it from a Pinterest Post. I had the same papers, and although I made a few little changes, I kept it mostly the same because I was in a hurry. A parcel had to be sent, and the card had to be with it.  See the original by Sherri Gilson at Papercraft Creations.

Sometimes I look for store bought cards, but I can never find one I like. So I usually end up making one anyway. 

Here's the card:

Here's the process in putting it together: The basic pieces, some matted in black.


First I added a couple of brads onto the matted rectangle and then taped it into place.


The flags were added onto the rear side of the top flag and then taped into place. I scored them first for a bit more texture.


Then the circular piece was taped on top.


The sentiment was hand written, then the last flag was taped underneath. All of it was taped on top.


It was a nice, quick, easy card to make and great for guys! 

Have a good week! 

Carmen

3 comments:

  1. Carmen this is lovely, yet, yes, masculine. Those guys are always hardest to make cards for! I have found that using simple geometric shapes, as you have, to be the best. It always looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Really gorgeous masculine card, Carmen. I love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!